About Me

My photo
Wie geht's! As a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Berlin Germany mission, I'm bound to have lots of fun experiences!
Keep in touch!

Sister Whitney Olsen
Germany Berlin Mission
Zerbster Strasse 42
12209 Berlin
Germany

You can also use www.DearElder.com if you want to write letters
to me and not worry about stamps. I love to get letters! Read my reference
to this website from my August 15th posting.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Miracle week...


Hallo Familie!
This week has been like, SUCH a miracle week! I've been namin' those miracles one by one!

But this week was pretty intense, for reals. We basically did a lot of apartment work and that overlapped half of our week. We got new carpet in our Wohnzimmer, so we had to move ALL of our furniture from that room into our bedroom, so we were tip-toeing around for a few days before it was finished. But yeah, we went from having carpet that looked like cat vomit to having chic new-smelling gray carpet! So we basically did some Spring Cleaning so now our living room looks REALLY nice, and everything is back in order. We took great pictures from the whole process! It was like a makeover. But we got some boxes to organize a lot of our cards and such and we felt like it was a good excuse to go to IKEA, because the Elders needed stuff there too, so why not? It was a great excuse to eat some Swedisch Köttbular! I also sent Jordo a package, so I hope he gets it soon! I promise I'm not the lamest person ever.

This week we had a lot more lessons, and some new investigators! I got to met Sun (pronounced like "soon"), our progressing Chinese investigator, and he's pretty cool; it's like he's very open and progressing, but his girlfriend is against the church and is being a major stumbling block for him and he's sort of an air head and doesn't realize it. meh.
Wednesday was a miracle! We had district finding, which is where we give the Elders in our district (Meißen and Freiberg) our cards and they help us find appointments. Well, we used our hour to make out appointments with past investigators, (victory!) BUT the Elders found...or I should say, Andre found the Elders and we got to meet him this week! He's been doing so much research on the church, he quoted something from Howard W Hunter and sang hymns. This guy is more golden than Gold! He was looking for the church and so he just went up to Dresden to walk around and saw our Elders talking to someone and waited impatiently for them to be done so he could talk to them. It was SO cool! He's half German, half American, so his English sounds a bit western-country ish. He's met L Tom Perry because he dated one of his granddaughters or soemthing like that, and yeah. Keine AHNUNG why he isn't baptized yet. Do you think I got one more baptism under my belt? I look forward to updating you guys on that soon! HE LISTENS TO SONS OF PROVO FOR PETE'S SAKE!
So that was great. It's been snowing a bit on and off this past week which is way better than misty rain we had before then. So it's pretty cold; -5°C oder so. I bet that's not as cold as it sounds, but we're doing fine!

We went to the Tafel again, just me and Sis. Tidwell this time because the Elders had a meeting, but we sorted through books and toys and boxed up the good ones--they plan on giving them to kids as gifts later on in the year. They LOVE having us come and help and it feels so great to do something really easy, but somehow really helpful.
Melanie had her Taufinterview and passed, we met Andre the Golden, AND I got to meet Cheng, a Chinese Neubekehrt. PROBABLY the most hilarious person I've ever met in my liiiiife! Try to teach him how to say "Urim and Thummim!" hilarity. But he's great; we're teaching the Nachbelehrung, so the review lessons after his baptism (he was baptized in November) and he really remembers a lot, but he's one of those really happy people that acts so childlike and pure, y'know? He was just super friendly and hilarious. His prayers are the best EVER. We asked him if he wanted to get Döners and Pommes with us and so in his prayer he starts with: "Liebe Gott...I want to eat some Pommes..." He just really says what is in his heart! But he likes his food REALLY spicy! I put a spoonful of chili on my Döner, and he had a spoonful for every bite! We forbade him to eat lots of chili on Saturday night so he doesn't make himself sick on Sunday! He.is.amazing.
Sunday was phenomenal. I think we counted at least 6 major miracles! Unfortunately, Andre the Golden didn't make it to church, for some odd reason, but we still had a suprise investigator come to church. We met with Petra, who is sort of "church shopping" and so we didn't know how much interest she had, but she stayed for sacrament and the baptism! We also had some less actives make it to church, woot! Melanie's Taufe was also super amazing. A lot of people made it, there were a TON of treats, and we had like 5 investigators there! One of them being a friend that on of the JAEs brought to church. But Melanie just looked SO happy. Probably because her boyfriend got to baptise her! I think that everytime I've seen someone go in the waters of baptism, I just have this feeling like, it's true; it's all true. Fulfilling my PURPOSE! It was Sis. Tidwell's first baptism to help prepare, so she made sure we were wearing matching colors: maroon and navy blue and white! Meine gute. Our Essenstermin was with Familie Ebish, the Mann is German and the wife is Utahn and so they made us an American breakfast for lunch! Chang got to come with, because Schw. Ebish served a mission in Taiwan and can still speak good Chinese. We had the task of explaining how to "properly" chow down on pancakes and french toast. He at first put a bunch of bacon on his pancake and then whipped cream on top. Na ja. He liked putting peanut butter on it! The Ebishes also have this adorable baby so it was hilarious watching Chang make the baby laugh. Reminds me a lot of Japan. :)
We also met with Fr. Frömmel and Schw. Busse who introduced us and she is progressing! It was a pretty great lesson. Jordo would've loved it; this lady has 5 cats and they love neck rubs. The only hard thing about Sunday was trying to drink a glass of Routabega juice. *shudder*
But I'm actually doing really great, I'm just doing my thing. For now, I'm just going on like normal, like I got another transfer or something; I told Sis. Tidwell to remind me if I go either extreme "robot missionary" mode or way too trunky and she says so far so good. It might be a different story later, but I'm loving life right now. I LOVE MY JOB!
Ich habe euch LIEEEEB!
love,
Sis. Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment