Hallloooooooo Familie!
So this week has felt like a year, but also like 5min--all at the same time. Time is pretty weird when you're down to the wire. I'm not in denial, but it definitely doesn't feel like I'm going home. Maybe because I've had so many weird dreams about me being home it just doesn't feel real! But for right now I'm using it to my advantage and I'm just working like there's no tomorrow!Well, one of our zone leaders had a birfday last Monday and we celebrated....by picking up our Golden! So for some missionaries, they get their call but they have to wait for their Visa for a few months...so she has a call but can't leave the country yet. If missionaries stay in Europe they go to Preston and the process isn't so lame. But she is going to Mesa, Arizona and so we're giving her pre-MTC training how a mission REALLY is, but her English is good enough that she'll probably be fast-tracked. She can teach in English schon.She is actually from Armenia but has lived in Germany for 15 years so she can speak really good German but ISN'T German, so it's great. She's actually learning a lot of slang from us, that'll get her places! Nothing too bad, just things like "dangit", "crap", "true dat" and solche andere Sachen. But don't worry, she's taught us some hiLARIOUS slang back. It's pretty intimidating to see three Sisters power walking across the street, so I'm sure we've given Dresden a run for her money. We are too le-dritt to quit! So yeah, btw, her name is Sis. Avanesjan which sounds like "I'm an Asian"--that's what I made up to help the Elders say her name right, because they don't want to get caught looking at her name tag. It's really funny because she says exactly what's on her mind in the most hilarious English ever, and I find myself looking over at Sis. Tidwell like, "should we correct that English?" Na ja, she' super sweet and ready to rumble, so we love it.
But for our actual Pday, we went to a cool museum to see a lot of cool artifacts and all these tiny, expensive things that people have crafted for the kings and queens here, kinda like looking at a jewelry. There was a special exhibit of stuff that used to belong to Ivan the Terrible and stuff like that, pretty impressive. We also had a surprise party for Elder Wride, and we blew up 195 balloons, made him a cake, and just hung out before our lessons at the church. It was pretty great.
As for our week, we had a LOT of finding time, aka not a lot of time to let Sis. Avanesjan get some practice on teaching the lessons. But we made a spontan visit bei Chang since our appointment fell out. And I pulled a random scripture out of NOWHERE to share with him as a spiritual thought, and he said (imagine in the coolest Chinese accent ever), "Olsen, that scripture was quite helpful!" Yeah, he calls us just by our last name, it's funny. But he's been stressin and I found a scripture I liked and he really needed it--quality, people!
Anyway, have a great week everyone! I'm excited to finish strong and keep going on.

No comments:
Post a Comment